Occasionally Goosewing Timberworks has been featured in the press, or we have written articles in industry publications.
Coverage related to my part in the rebuilding of the Notre Dame de Paris cathedral:
- I appeared in a segment on ABC's Good Morning America
- A longer-format piece on ABC News Prime
- An article in the Vermont weekly newspaper Seven Days
- I appeared in coverage in French-language media, including TF1, France2, FranceBleu, ParisNormandie, Aleteia...
- The official French government entity overseeing the rebuild created a video of our medieval timber framing
- I was featured on Fine Home Building magazine's ProTalk podcast: episode 586.
- My home in Vermont, which I designed together with my wife and built myself, was featured in Seven Days, the Vermont news weekly. See the article here.
- I was interviewed during a French news segment reporting on the Charpentiers Sans Frontieres project at Chateau d’Harcourt in Normandy, France. You can see the video here.
- I co-wrote an article of Timber Framing, the quarterly journal of the Timber Framers Guild of North America, about the Chateau d’Harcourt project. Read the article here:
- I worked with friends and colleagues in Estonia on a few English-language publications. First, I assisted in shepherding and translating an article on tradition Estonian log building for the Timber Framing quarterly journal (link below). I then helped to edit the English translation of a small book, Traditional Estonian Log-Building.
- I wrote an article in Timber Framing, the quarterly journal of the Timber Framers Guild of North America, about my time living and working in France in 2010-11 and the French compagnons guild system. Read the article here.
- Goosewing’s collaboration with Studio Roji, a Lincoln-based garden-design studio, is covered in an article in Seven Days. Read the article here.